Monday, June 1, 2009

Sittin' pretty

Well the past few weeks have been quite exciting for Kaydin! He's pretty much mastered rolling(still one way). If you lay him down on his back, it's only seconds until he is over on his tummy. His arms are getting so strong, he's starting to move around in a circle while on his tummy using his arms to push himself. Yikes!

This picture just makes me laugh-I was laughing so hard when I walked in and saw this! I laid him down for a nap, and could hear him "talking" for a while so finally I went in to see what he was doing - and this is what I saw. He decided to re-arrange his crib, and himself!! When I put him down, he was on his back and his feet were towards the bottom right of the picture. How he got himself where he is I have no idea! Silly kid.


So one day I decided to sit Kaydin up just to see what would happen. Would he use his arms to hold himself up? Or would he just fall over?
As you can see(besides leaning ridiculously far forward, it looks painful!) he sat up like a champ! We've been practicing on our bed, so when he falls over it doesn't hurt. We've even sat him up in the bathtub so he can splash with his hands a little. He gets so excited - you can tell he's proud of himself :) Here he is after a bath. . . . . such a big boy

So since he was pretty good at sitting up at home, I decided to try having him sit in a shopping cart. As you can see he did pretty good! He's not very stable(if you turn the cart too fast he'll fall over) but he can at least sit upright!
I'm so glad he's almost graduated out of the "infant" stage. He's outgrown his 1st car seat(actually like a month ago!) plus he is so heavy it is hard to carry him in the car seat! So we've gotten him a big daddy car seat. But when he starts using that car seat, he'll have to sit in shopping carts and high chairs wherever we go.(It's not a take out of the car and set on the shopping cart/highchair kind of car seat) That's why we are practicing now!

I could not get him to look at me! He was so into all the toys on the cart cover thingy, I guess that's why they are there!


June should be a fun time - hopefully lots of swimming(if the pool warms up), 6 month checkup and pictures, Grandpa and hopefully Grandma coming to visit, maybe a few BBQ's, and more!!

No comments: