Thursday, December 24, 2009

Finally getting around to it

I know many of you have been waiting for a blog update and I must apologize for the wait. Since returning home from our trip to California, it's been a little hectic around the Sacayan household. I've been trying to get this post finished for the past week! I know, I know there's no excuse. I will try to make it worth the wait :)

I have so much to catch up on - so we will dedicate this post to Kaydin's birthday. Since we were going to be in California on his actual birthday, he opened our birthday presents and some that were sent to us before we left on our trip.


He's still working on the unwrapping part.

Big boy silverware and plates!

His cool Elmo airplane from Grandma and Grandpa


Our trip to Cali was short, the good thing was that we weren't constantly on the go like our last trip. We got to enjoy time with family and friends which we loved. Kathryn and I got to go shopping at Ontario Mills. We all went to check out the Christmas lights on Thoroughbred Street. Our trip to Cali wouldn't be complete without indulging in a few culinary delights such as InNOut - which Kaydin loved, The Hat, and Michael's favs Don Jose and Weinerschnitzel. Totally worth the trip!

One the way out there, Kaydin did okay on the plane. By the time we boarded(which was just about his bedtime), he was super fussy and fighting sleep. After about an hour of squirming and crying he finally fell asleep for about 2 hours. He was good after that, my little power napper :) On the way home he took a short nap as we took off, and then woke up and played with his toys and books the rest of the way.
At the airport just got through security

Kaydin's 1st birthday party was on his actual birthday, Dec. 12th. It was a great party, it was a cold and rainy day but a lot of family and friends came to celebrate with us. Kaydin did surprisingly well with the house full of strangers. He's at the stage where he doesn't like anyone he doesn't know and clings to mommy(sometimes daddy). Everyone was shocked to see him walking around! He's definitely not the little baby they remember from March!

The party was in the afternoon and by the time we got ready to do the cake, Mr. Kaydin was soooo ready for a nap. Check out the awesome cakes my aunt made for the party. All I did was email her a picture of the napkins we were using -



She is so amazing!!
She wasn't sure there would be enough cake for everyone so she made a 2nd cake

They matched the theme perfectly!

Here's Kaydin's little birthday cake. So cute! Too bad he didn't devour it like we all envisioned.

It started off ok, everyone sang happy birthday and we/I blew out the candle. . . . .


Then as soon as he touched his cake, everyone went "yay!" and I think it scared him and it was all over from that point on. His elbow went into the blue frosting, and he didn't want to eat any part of the cake.
Get me out of here mom!

So Kaydin went down for a nap while we all ate some yummy cake. When he woke up he felt much better, so we opened presents. He got so many great things!


Am I doing this right?


Tickle me Elmo from Auntie Rachel
Doesn't he look thrilled? haha He didn't really know what to make of this fuzzy thing that talks and wiggles around. He still looks at it this way.

surrounded by toys

His very own puppy dog. Which instead of pulling it along the floor with the leash, he likes to carry it like this and chew on the string.

Thanks Great Grandma Carb! I love my puppy


Here's what it all looked like when it arrived home. Then we got to open it all over again!


Kaydin was so good on the plane ride home, but once we got in the car for the drive he was out! Poor tired little guy.

It was a whirlwind of a trip and we all had a blast. Thank you to all who came to celebrate with us. Now I must go get my act together and get all your thank you notes out! =)

Check back soon for our Christmas blog! That means the next week or so . . . . ya know how it goes.

1 comment:

Susan Palmer Edge said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Kaydin. Looks like he had a great Birthday party. It's funny how we envision how it is 'suppose' to go. Palmer cried when everyone sang to him and was so scared that everyone was looking at him. It took some time for him to want to dig into his cake. I had to stick some icing in his mouth before he was like, 'well that's yummy' and finally went to town. Glad he had such a great day.