We(or as Michael tells it - I) got to pick out all the colors for our house. The outside stone color, siding color, front door/shutter color - and I really liked this house, so we made ours just like this one. One of the perks of buying a brand new house that hasn't been built! We also got to pick all the cabinet colors, knobs/fixtures, countertops, flooring and carpet. It was awesome!
Michael says it took me 4 hours but I disagree. I really don't think it was too long at all. I had the flooring samples laid out on the floor, then the cabinet sample we chose on top of those, and all the countertop samples on top of that. It was very challenging! I don't know how interior designers do it! But I think we came up with a great combination. We can't wait to see the final product!
Part of our contract was for the builder to also fence in the backyard. The big reason for this is of course so Kaydin and the dogs will have a backyard to run around in.
AND. . . . they don't know it yet but the dogs are going to become outside dogs when we move into our house! O.M.G. a dog free house!
We don't have a schedule for the construction just yet. We signed all the paperwork and they accepted our offer this past Monday. They say as soon as they get all the necessary permits they will begin construction. It will take them a minimum 60 days, and up to a maximum 120 days to finish the house. This is of course weather permitting! Have we mentioned that it's been cold here??
I couldn't update our blog without a picture of Kaydin!
Our 13 month old finally kicked all his ear infections. He quickly converted over to the whole milk, but we haven't completely gotten rid of the bottles. He gets a bottle of milk before bed, but during the day he gets water and juice in sippy cups. We've kicked all the baby food - his favorites now are apples, peaches and pears, mashed potatoes, applesauce, green beans and peas, french fries and pretty much any kind of cracker. Some other foods he's had but won't always eat are: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, carrots, cheese quesadilla, chicken - and many more!


4 comments:
Congrats on becoming homeowners!! Soo very exciting and I look forward to following your journey! The house is adorable!!!
How exciting! Can't wait to see the progress, congrats on your own new house!!!! And, Kaydin looks like a big boy now!! He's lost the "baby" look!!! they grow up so fast, before you know it, he'll be making his own bed! LOL
I love your new house! Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see all of the upcoming pictures!
how fun!!! can't wait to see how everything comes along!! Congratulations :)
Post a Comment