Friday, September 3, 2010

These are a few of our favorite things

Having an active 20 month old during this Georgia summer has been quite challenging! We do our best at keeping him entertained indoors, but after being cooped up in the house for a few days – he needs to get out and play! Here are some of the things we like to go out and do for fun.

When it’s not too hot outside, we love to go play at the park.

DSC_0303

DSC_0304

The slide is definitely Kaydin’s favorite! And not the little kiddie slides, the big spiral slide! The best part is that he can do it all by himself – over and over and over again.

DSC_0306

DSC_0307

After sliding he gets a new hairdo :)

DSC_0310

 

When it’s really hot outside and we want to get out of the house, we go to Monkey Joe’s! It’s basically an indoor bounce house playground. They also have a big slide and a couple obstacle courses.

DSC_0031

Kaydin hated the place the first couple times – but now that he’s familiar with it he has a blast!

CSC_0069

We look so evil with our red eyes!

CSC_0078

 

Shooting the ball

CSC_0073

DSC_0011

 

Here he is climbing up the big slide – so glad he can do this by himself now! It’s tough trying to get yourself up there while carrying your child!

CSC_0072

CSC_0070

wweeeeeeee!!!

DSC_0065

 

Our newest fun thing to do at home is to make our own jump area!

DSC_0366

DSC_0375

DSC_0371

DSC_0373

We are really glad that Fall is just around the corner! It’s already been getting much cooler in the evenings so we can enjoy being outside for at least that part of the day.  I’m actually really looking forward to Fall/Winter!!

2 comments:

Michele Allen said...

Karolyn,

Love your blog! I got your blog address from Darcy. I am doing an assignment for school on child development. Do you mind if I use you as an example in my paper? I am very impressed with how your are following your child's growth and development on your blog!

Michele (met you with Darcy in Warner Robbins a year ago...maybe???)

Karolyn said...

Thank you so much Michele! You are definitely welcome to use me in your paper - I would be honored :) I got the idea of starting this blog from a college friend, and I've just stuck with it. It's neat to look back at posts from a year or two ago and see what we were doing. I know some people have said there is a website that you can pay for them to put all of your blog posts into an actual book(keepsake). Might have to look into that some day!!
Nice to hear from you! ~Karolyn~