Friday, October 1, 2010

a look back

at how our September was!

We got Kaydin this little swing set so he had something to play on outside.

DSC_0124

One Sunday morning as Michael was preparing to go outside and do some yardwork, I let Kaydin go out back to play. A few minutes later I noticed he had gotten into some mud(yay) so I went to grab him a change of clothes before he came in the house. As I’m looking through his dresser, I hear him cry out. So I rush to the back door where he is standing and it looks like he has mud on his face by his mouth. As I open the door I realize that it’s not mud, it’s blood. I was freaking out because I had no idea what happened, and at that point I didn’t even know where the blood was coming from. His tongue, a tooth, his nose???  I grabbed a kitchen towel and held it by his mouth and yelled for Michael to come look at him. It was then that we both realized he had a big gash on the right side of his upper lip. Fabulous.  Off we rushed to the Emergency Room where we had to wait 4 HOURS to get our 21 month old stitched up. That was a.lot.of.fun.let.me.tell.you! 

DSC_0248

DSC_0271

This was after his bath when we finally got home from the hospital. Enjoying a popsicle!

He was such a trooper! Besides the actual stitching part he did great. He ended up with 8 stitches, but you’d never even know they were there. They didn’t hold him back one bit!

 

As for the HOW?

We were explaining to one of the nurses that we didn’t know exactly what happened, she asked if there were any dogs outside with Kaydin when it happened. We said yes we have 2 small dogs – she said that her first thought was that it was a dog bite/scratch of some kind. Awesome. We both knew it had to be Snickers our Daschund Chihuahua mix. After researching different shelters and rescue organizations in our area, Snickers is now on a local shelters website for adoption. 

The stitches were only in for 5 days, so we went back on Friday to get them taken out. Once again super.fun.  At least this only took 1 hour! He’s been fine ever since and healing up very well.

DSC_0370

In the car just before stitches were removed

 DSC_0371

No more ugly blue stitches

The week that this happened, my dad came by for a short visit on his way to visit Aunt Karen and Granny in FL. Kaydin had a great time playing baseball outside with Grandpa.

DSC_0361

Checking out Kathryn’s new car

DSC_0366 DSC_0367

DSC_0368 DSC_0365

Swing batter batter batter!!

 

More recently, they have begun construction on the lot next to us finally. Kaydin has really enjoyed watching the tractors and cement trucks working just outside his bedroom window. Every morning he gets up and sits on the bed to look out the window and see what they are doing.

DSC_0465

 DSC_0497

DSC_0500

Stopped playing in the pool to watch the tractor through the fence.

DSC_0470

 

Daddy turned the slide into a water slide!

DSC_0484

DSC_0488

DSC_0489

 

Here’s my silly messy boy eating powdered donuts for breakfast. I don’t think he liked the donuts, just making a mess with them.

DSC_0387

DSC_0401

DSC_0403

DSC_0407

DSC_0410

I’m so glad that this traumatic experience has not changed my little boy. He is the same crazy, smart, entertaining, beautiful, energetic, loud, independent, amusing, sneaky, adventurous, delightful, outgoing, goofy, and most of all loveable little boy whom I love with all my heart and I’m thankful for him everyday!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Poor Kaydin! But I'm so glad to see he's ok! I love all of the pictures, especially the peeking through the fence one...too cute!