We had a blast with Halloween this year! I think it was mostly because this is our first year going into the holidays as home owners! It’s awesome having our own yard and the entire house to decorate.
We started by carving up some pumpkins. Here’s Kaydin with all of the pumpkins
This was his :)
What is in there?
Oh my gosh that’s so gross!! haha
Okay let me give this a try…
Eeewww daddy that’s icky
Here’s how 2 of them came out
Unfortunately our pumkins did not survive until Halloween. Next year we know to carve them the day of Halloween! YUCK!
In a strange twist of events, we(along with our entire neighborhood) ended up trick or treating on Saturday night instead of Sunday. I gotta say this was a first for me! I had heard rumors at work that different counties were trick or treating on a day other than Sunday. Either because the kids had school Monday morning, or because people didn’t want to celebrate Halloween on Sunday because of religious reasons. Whatever the reason– it was crazy! Oh and did I mention that they limit the time frame for trick or treating? Yep it started at 6pm and was supposed to end at 8pm. Well let me just tell you that it doesn’t get dark until about 7pm. So I figured we would eat dinner around 6pm like normal and then get ready and start our trick or treating around 6:30 – 7pm. Well come 6o’clock, people were out walking in herds already trick or treating! So we didn’t really eat dinner, just a quick snack. Allie and Kaiya came over to trick or treat with us which was so much fun!
Here’s my little dragon
He wasn’t a fan of the hood being on his head
It wasn’t as chilly that night as I had hoped. My poor little guy was sweating in his costume! He had on shorts and crocs underneath even. Notice I’m wearing flip flops?
Our mismatched family =)
Here are the kids! Kaiya is little Alice, and Allie was a puppy dog. Kaydin wasn’t really sure about Allie and the makeup…hahaha
Unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures while we were trick or treating. But Kaydin did awesome! He ran along with Kaiya and Allie and went up to the doors with his bag. I had to remind him to say “trick or treat” and “thank you” but he always said it! I didn’t expect to be out very long with him, but we ended up finishing our entire neighborhood! He was such a trooper!
Here’s a look at what the house sort of looked like.
This picture was just before the trick or treaters started coming around. Notice how light it still is?
Kaydin was not afraid of Justin (surprisingly)
This was a different night, just to show it all lit up.
Our spooky signs. The wind broke the cemetery sign in half and ripped the beware clean off! We made it work and I think it looked really neat!
Our fireplace
The eating area. Everyone can tell you that I was obsessed with strobe lights…..I had them outside and inside! Notice the lights at the bottom of the chandelier? Those are mini strobe lights :)
Hope everyone had a very Happy Halloween! Next up for us is Thanksgiving and a very busy black Friday work day. Then Kaydin’s 2nd Birthday! The busiest 3 months of the whole year for our family :)


1 comment:
What a fun Halloween! I still can't get over the 'rules' for trick or treating and going out the day before. I had never heard of such a thing! Still looks like a blast though!
Post a Comment