Sunday, March 27, 2011

A wild adventure with friends!

 

Last week Kaydin and I took our good friends Lisa and Kaiya to our favorite place – Wild Adventures!

Michael and I have season passes, and it just happened to be “bring a friend free” day – so I couldn’t pass that up! Plus Lisa had never been there, so it was the perfect way to go explore and have some fun!

Of course on this Saturday, it was the most crowded I have ever seen the place! Probably because of the bring a friend free day, but I really didn’t think THAT many people had season passes. Holy Moly! And it was VERY VERY HOT!! Not a great combination. But we all still had fun  Smile

The first thing we headed to was the safari train ride. I knew it would have a pretty long line so we decided to get that done first. Here are the kiddos waiting somewhat patiently….

DSC_0052

While waiting in line, we had fun watching the elephant bathing in the water. At some points, all you could see was it’s eye and ear – the rest of it was under water! It would use it’s trunk like a snorkel to breath every so often. I’d never seen anything like it! Very neat

DSC_0057

DSC_0042

Kaydin watching the elephant

DSC_0054

Finally we’re on!!

DSC_0064

DSC_0067

The kids loved seeing all the animals. Giraffe, zebras, elephants, deer, birds etc.

After the safari ride we stopped for some lunch, then went to find some rides!(I didn’t get many pictures because we were all on the rides!)

Here’s Kaiya riding the “bouncy” ride. She’s the second from the left. I actually took Kaydin on this after Kaiya went, and I think he liked it!

DSC_0075

 

On our way out, we decided to let the kids cool off and play in the water fountain thingy. It was just a little crowded!

DSC_0078

My usual drawn to water like a magnet child wanted nothing to do with it on this day. It was the strangest thing! I think because there were so many kids it really overwhelmed him.

Look – not a drop on him!

DSC_0076

He was perfectly content sitting in the stroller drinking his yummy Icee and watching all the kids. I think he was also past the point of being tired.

DSC_0086

After a long day in the sun, we started the journey back home.       I think they had fun!!

DSC_0097DSC_0096

Don’t let their quiet sleeping fool you……this only lasted about 30 minutes and they were wide awake again! hahaha