I know my poor little blog has been so neglected lately! We just had so much going on- craziness at work, visitors, vacation, school, illnesses to attend to……ugh life just happens ya know? So after reading everyone else’s blog updates for days and realizing that MY last update was from CHRISTMAS ~ holy cow! ~ I knew it was time to show my own blog some love.
Another thing I realized after reading through my last posts…..I never officially announced on this blog our exciting news! Our early Christmas present if you will =)
We found out just after Thanksgiving that we are expecting baby #2! The title of this post is fitting because that is exactly what I thought when we found out! {Apparently we aren’t the most fertile, as it took almost 2yrs of “trying” for Kaydin and #2}
But I always told myself that if it didn’t happen, then it wasn’t meant to be. When it was meant to be, it would happen. And whalllah!
The timing of us finding out was awesome – right before our big family gathering at Disney World – and Kaydin’s 3rd birthday!
We went to the doctor for our first appointment to find out how far along I was. I was thinking somewhere around 8-9 weeks, just like when we found out I was pregnant with Kaydin. To my surprise, after doing an ultrasound they said I was about 5 weeks 5 days. I couldn’t believe it was that early! And that I had been able to tell!
We decided to tell all the family even though it was so early. We were so excited and just couldn’t wait to share the news!
So here are the first pictures of our little Peanut. That is the nickname this child has earned – I think because of how small they were the first time we saw he/she! Just a little dot!
Almost 6 weeks:
Our next appointment was 6 weeks later, and they did another ultrasound just to make sure I was as far along as they originally thought. So we got some more pics of Peanut!
12 Weeks:
Everything seems to be on track and baby looks good so far! Our due date is Aug 3rd.
As for me, I’ve been doing good. The reason I suspected I was pregnant was because any time I would get hungry, I’d start feeling a little nauseous. Then once I found out why, it was easy to fix – I just had to eat more frequently. There were many days that I would completely forget that I was pregnant! It’s been pretty smooth and un-eventful just like with Kaydin, which I am very thankful for! One of my biggest fears after having Kaydin was that I’d have a really tough pregnancy/delivery with the second because the first was pretty much a breeze. But so far it’s been almost identical! Hopefully that’s a good sign for the future =)
Cravings: There was a few weeks that I was eating salads like CRAZY! I love me some salad, but I think the biggest reason I ate so much salad is that it’s east to fix for a quick snack. I was in heaven on our cruise because they had the most delicious salad bar! {BTW – cruise post coming soon!} Besides salad I haven’t really been craving anything. I’ll get in the mood for something every now and then but that’s not abnormal for me.
I am now at 16 weeks – so let the belly pics begin!
Our next appointment is the big one! Boy or Girl? What’s your vote?


No comments:
Post a Comment