Wednesday, February 11, 2009

8 week stats

We had our 8 week pediatrician visit today. We were very anxious for this appointment because:

#1. We were very eager to see how much he weighs and how long he is now(considering he's wearing 6-9month clothes at 8weeks old!)

#2. Momma had written down a whole list of questions to ask the dr.

#3. Kaydin was given his first set of shots :(


So the first thing they do is have us undress him to be weighed and measured, and the results are . . . . . . 13lbs 14oz. - he gained 5lbs in 4 weeks! He's 25 inches long, which from what I understood is well above average for his age. She said he's in the 95th percentile, and 75 is average. Not really sure on all those stats. She said that he is heavy for his age, but his length makes him proportionate so it's not a bad thing. He is definitely eating good she said! We are supposed to start mixing in a small bit of cereal to his bottles because he's eating so much. We'll see how that goes. She was also very impressed by his head lifting abilities. No head lag at all!

I got all my questions answered. I wonder if a lot of first time moms go in to the dr. with lists of questions?? I'm so glad our pediatrician is so nice and patient with us! She makes sure to go over everything with us and she's great with Kaydin. Today while she was checking him out, he started crying so she picked him up to try to calm him down. It was so cute :) She was saying "I'm sorry I made you mad". He got over it pretty quick.

Then it was time for the shots. I was not looking forward to this part. We had already decided that dad would hold him while he got the shots, and then I would hold him after to calm him down. I did not want to hold him while they did it, I'm such a softy. Before the nurse came in to administer the shots, I conveniently had to use the restroom.(I really did) So as I left to go to the restroom, the nurse went past me with the needles. Sadly I could hear my guy crying while I was in the restroom. I then I stood out in the hallway until they were finished, I've never heard Kaydin cry like he was! It was heartbreaking - I never thought I'd be like this but I guess it's different when it's your kid. When I went back in the room, he was in daddy's arms with 2 bugs bunny bandaids on one leg and one bandaid on the other. I held him for a minute just to calm him down a little more before we left. He did very good though, unfortuntely he has to get the same shots again at his 4 month checkup. Boo :(

After our pediatrician adventure, we took Kaydin to get his 2 month pictures taken. Mom and Dad didn't plan the day out very well, we went from the doctor's straight to get pictures taken. Kaydin had been up since 8am so he was tired already, then all the excitement at the doctor on top of that - he crashed when we got in the car to go get pictures taken. His car ride nap helped at first, he quickly went downhill. Lets just say we learned our lesson!! We still did get some good pictures, even after he fell asleep! I love the sleeping ones, better than crying pictures! I can take those at home :)

That was our day in a nutshell. And that was only up to 1pm! Nothing else exciting to report though. The little guy slept all the way home and after we got home until 6 at night! Poor guy he was so tired from the day. We will never do pictures on doctor days again!!



Here's daddy trying to calm Kaydin down. It wasn't working.


Mommy's favorite

Sort of a smile - but going downhill . . . .


This was at the end. Super cute though!!


All tuckered out

1 comment:

Heidi said...

shot days are the worst, i cry everytime. i wish i could tell you it gets better.