Saturday was the big judging day for the bbq competition. Aunt Karen headed out early that morning to return and help Uncle Tim. I loaded Kaydin up after lunch and we headed up to the bbq comp. in Thomaston, which is a little over an hour north and west of us. I had never been to a bbq competition and wanted to see what it was all about! It reminded me of a very small scale county fair. There were pony rides and bounce houses for the kids, vendors selling snacks and ice cream(which was great because it was HOT!), all the bbq competitors had their cookout trailers lined up, and then there was the stage where bands would play music and also where they announced the bbq winners. Here is what my Aunt and Uncle won . . .
They were so excited! Uncle Tim wasn't completely thrilled with how some of the meat turned out. He said the judges were "generous", but he'll take it. I got to take some of the leftovers home - and let me tell you it was all deeelish!!


2 comments:
how fun! i love fun events like that! I can't believe how big Kaydin is getting!
Maybe Kaydin can call her Krazy Auntie! He is sooo big and chunky now! Amazing how they change so quickly. Keep soaking it up girl! Love you- more coupons to come...
Post a Comment