It was about a two and a half hour drive(after stopping for breakfast), very cloudy and overcast - it even sprinkled a little! Once we got there, we found parking and then just started walking. We walked along the river walk, and looked at all the shops and restaurants along the river. It was a lot of fun just walking along, and we took a lot of pictures! Here's some of the fun along the river walk.
So as the day progressed, it started getting very warm. We were sweating buckets! So we decided to take a short drive(in the air conditioned car) down the road to Tybee Island. There is a historic lighthouse everyone said we should go to, so we thought why not? Well in our search for this lighthouse, we stumbled upon a little park. I thought it would be fun to stop and put Kaydin in a swing - I'm pretty sure this was his first time in a real swing! It was the funniest thing! He had a blast, but looked like a rag doll just hanging from the swing. I think we need to practice some more!
So we finally found the lighthouse . . .
So. . . since we had already paid for an hour of parking, we thought it would be fun to walk down the road and try to get to the beach. For whatever reason(being the prepared mom that I am) we just grabbed the stroller and the camera and left the backpack in the car. Looking back I don't know what we were thinking - the backpack had Kaydin's bathing suit, little swimmers, towel, all the necesities for the beach. I'd come prepared, but left all the preparedness in the car! Duh! It turned out ok in the end, we "made it work." So we walked along the road looking for any beach access. After about 20 minutes of walking, we finally found this little boardwalk out to the sand and ocean. Success!! So we all go out to the water, and I'm thinking we'll just put Kaydin's feet in - take a few pictures, and be done. Well the water was super warm! We are so used to the freezing cold pacific! Of course when we put Kaydin's feet in, he wants to put his hands in and splash. So we decided what the heck? We sat him down on the sand and let him play in the water in his clothes.
Splashin'
So we get done at the beach, but we still have to walk back to the car. So I suggested that we have Kaydin sit in the bottom part of the stroller so the seat won't be soaking wet for later.
It was getting late in the day, and we wanted to go back to downtown Savannah to walk around and eat dinner before driving home.
It was a very long day, but tons of fun! I am so glad we finally made the trip out to Savannah! We definitely want to go back soon, and get Kaydin to the beach again!


3 comments:
What a fun day trip!!! Those can be so much fun! Kaydin is fearless! Wow! Cole would have probably freaked! ha!
Savannah looks like lots of fun! I'm so jealous of Kaydin's reaction to the beach compared to Noah's! LOL, I still need to write about our trip to the beach on labor day.
I'm de-lurking! Those beach pictures were precious! love the ones of Kaydin crawling towards the waves. We live in W.R. too! I really need to take my kids to Savannah, we even have family there but haven't gone sightseeing.
Post a Comment