Kaydin is getting to be such a big boy, that he outgrew is "dresser" we had been using for him. Originally we got this one because our apartment was so small we needed something to organize his stuff that wouldn't take up a lot of space. It worked perfectly until his clothes and pj's started getting bigger and bigger and wouldn't fit in the drawers like they used to. And now that we have a bigger place, we have the room for a real dresser. So it was time to upgrade! I wanted to get him a dresser like ours from IKEA - they are so solid and I swear they are indestructable! Our two dressers have survived 3 moves, not to mention drove across the country for one of them. Well we finally made the drive up to Atlanta last week - check out what we got!
The dresser we used since he was born. . . .

And the new dresser

Isn't it pretty? Michael was actually jealous because Kaydin's is bigger than ours(by one drawer)
I wanted this big one so that there are a couple empty drawers for when guests are staying with us, and Kaydin has room to grow into it. Another awesome fact about this dresser is that it fits in the closet! It's in there and out of the way which I love.
Not only did we get him a new dresser, but also a bookshelf for his books!

It doesn't look like he has very many books now, but at least they have a home. We also got him the cutest little red table. I think it is meant to be an end table or maybe a bedside table, but it's the perfect size for a kids table! Now I'm wanting to find some little chairs to go with it. Any ideas??
No comments:
Post a Comment