Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sweet Escape

This past Saturday we headed down to our new favorite day-trip get-away – Wild Adventures! Michael, Kaydin and I went there for the first time last month and had so much fun that we had to go again! It’s like a zoo, waterpark, and amusement park all in one! This time we had Kathryn and Justin(one of Michael’s co-workers) with us, which made it even more fun!

Here are the boys on the swinging ship. They were so funny – and the girl in the black shirt right in front of them was sooooo mad because they were screaming and acting all scared. That made their day :)

DSC_0079

DSC_0083

Of course my little man found the petting zoo!

DSC_0087 DSC_0091

While Michael, Justin, and Kathryn went on the rapids water ride, I took Kaydin to play in the fountains. He had a blast!

DSC_0094

DSC_0095 DSC_0099

I must say that I absolutely love my new camera! These pictures came out so awesome!

DSC_0103 DSC_0106

Love his face in this one!

DSC_0105

After riding a few rides, we were all pretty hungry and hot and needed to cool off so we headed to get some lunch and then to the water park. As we were walking in, I noticed a lot of people walking out of the water park. Weird. We proceeded to claim a bunch of chairs and then saw this…..

DSC_0115

Nobody in the water! The lifeguards were keeping everyone out of the water because of this…..

DSC_0128

Some really dark and nasty clouds were coming our way. So then we had to keep our 20 month old out of the water for almost 2 hours!

DSC_0114

Why can’t I go in the water mama??

DSC_0119

The guys relaxing while we waited

DSC_0139

Show me your teeth!

DSC_0140

He ate some apple sauce

DSC_0235

Played with daddy

DSC_0123

Talked to Justin about how he was gonna go down all the slides

Like this!

DSC_0240DSC_0241

Yay! They finally opened the waterpark back up!

DSC_0242DSC_0250

This is where Kaydin lived…. Over and Over

DSC_0255 DSC_0256 DSC_0257 DSC_0252

That was his favorite slide I think because he could do it all by himself. He had so much fun!

DSC_0260

As great as the new camera is, I now realize that we need a much better zoom :)

Everyone needed a break from the water(except maybe Kaydin), so we went out to ride some more rides!

DSC_0279 DSC_0289

This is the funniest picture! Kudos to my hubby for capturing this!!

DSC_0293

Many of the rides(especially the kiddie rides) have you go around twice. This was taken as we came through for the second time around. I told Kaydin to wave to Daddy – he put his fingers up like this and waved the peace sign. Too funny!!

Kathryn and I on the Scrambler

DSC_0314

wweeeeeee!!

DSC_0336

Kaydin hanging out eating a snack while we rode the Tilt-a-whirl!

DSC_0347

DSC_0357

DSC_0380

Kaydin’s 3rd time on a carousel DSC_0404

For some reason he wasn’t loving it this time

DSC_0408

So he rode on mommy :)

DSC_0421

Everyone had a blast at Wild Adventures! You know how I know? Because everyone but me(I was driving) fell asleep on the way home. :) I’m so glad I was able to get all of these pictures this time. I’m thinking that next year my family will have season passes. Just wish the park was a little closer to us!

No comments: