Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Finishing touches

Now that almost every room in our house has a fresh coat of paint, it was finally time to hang all the frames that have been in boxes up in the attic!

This frame set was a Christmas present from Michael that I love!

DSC_0965

By the front door I put some pictures of our house during the building stages.

DSC_0966

Our freshly painted mantel with the plum accents

DSC_0962

Our rocking chair even got a much needed makeover thanks to my wonderful Aunt Karen!

DSC_0600

She made reversible slip covers for the back, seat, and ottoman. It looks sooooo much better!

DSC_0603

We found 3 different fabrics with the wall color green and the plum purple.

DSC_0872DSC_0604

There are so many combinations!

DSC_0871

This is the ottoman cover

DSC_0879

 

Now moving into Kaydin’s bedroom……we removed his crib and he is now sleeping in the big bed! His Kaydin letters got a new coat of paint, and I painted the picture frames to match the room.

DSC_1074

DSC_1080

 

These “K’s”are my attempt at an artsy decorative touch. I painted the one on the left and the top, the “K” on the right I covered with the same fabric as the bedding and the window box, and Kaydin painted the “K” on the bottom.   I think they look cute, and Kaydin likes to count them. Then we say “K” is for Kaydin!

DSC_1078

Here is Kaydin’s work of art!

DSC_0909

 

This is the toy corner! Now that the crib is out, the toy box can be in his bedroom and out of the living room. Yay! It also got a fresh coat of white. We got the toy rack with colored bins to hold all of the cars and monster trucks and other little toys. I painted the rack white to match all the other furniture in the room. And since it matched, I hung a blanket up that I got at my baby shower.

DSC_1076

DSC_1084

The living room and Kaydin’s room have endured the most changes. Kaydin’s room is finished, I still have a few things I’d like to do in the living room and kitchen.

Both bathrooms have been painted:

DSC_0704DSC_0959

~ I am still adding turquoise accents in our bathroom to bring down the brightness of the orange.

We are still contemplating what to do in our bedroom. Michael wants red since it’s the only color we haven’t used anywhere. Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue…. We’ll see!!

3 comments:

Stacia said...

I love it!!! Everything looks great and it makes me want to paint :) Love that you had him paint his own K. That is precious!

Anonymous said...

it's not plum....it's eggplant! :-)
kathryn

Darcy Hansen said...

Its lookin good girl! Now the fairy needs to come to our home. You have inspired me to get rid of the builder off white and make some decisions. MK's room is first-a lovely lilac to be complimented with green and orange. Not sure how it will turn out. Hope its as cute as your creations:)