If you missed part 1, go HERE: Part 1
So after our lovely walking adventure in the Cayman Islands, we decided that we needed to find an onshore excursion for the following day in Cozumel. We were limited on what we could do(or I could do) No zip-lining or atv riding - so we decided on a snorkel/beach combo. It seemed like you got a lot for the money. A ride on a catamaran, snorkeling, time on a private beach, and beverages were included all day! The trip didn’t take up our entire time in Cozumel, so we would still have time to walk around downtown if we wanted to afterwards.
We had to get up early and go down to the lobby to meet our tour group and when we were finally docked and were let off the boat, this is what we saw:
Big boats really close together and lots of people!
And there were 2 more ships at a neighboring dock. Cozumel was hopping that day!
We walked over to the pier where our catamaran was waiting to take us on our adventure!
This is what our catamaran looked like, except we had less people on ours. Probably only 20-30 and they were all from our ship.
They took us down along the shore maybe 15 minutes or so and then stopped at our snorkeling area about 30 feet off shore.
Just enjoying the ride!
Now Michael and I are not huge snorkeling fans. He screams through his snorkel if he sees a fish – yes just from seeing a fish. You can see how excited he is while getting his gear on:
But we both got in the water and did as much snorkeling as we were comfortable with. We may or may not have been the first people to get out of the water =) I saw a couple of little jelly fish and I was done! I don’t play or swim with jelly fish!
Then we enjoyed watching everyone else from the boat.
Once everyone was back on board, we proceeded down the shore for 30 minutes or so until we reached the catamaran company’s private beach area.
Isn’t it dreamy???
There were inflatable water activities, kayaks, jet skis(to rent at additional $$) a place where you could get massages and snacks(also additional $$) We had a blast!
We both went down this huge slide a few times.
And we kayaked for the first time together – and didn’t tip over!! – I’m pretty sure Michael was terrified there were fish below us or he would have been tipping us on purpose =)
Then it was time to head back. So sad to leave that beautiful beach!
I think we need to go that way!
The crew on our catamaran were amazing! They were so welcoming and entertaining and helpful to everyone. They really made the trip that much better. We were so glad we chose this excursion for our day in Cozumel. If we were to ever go back, we would want to do this exact thing again. Same company and everything!
This is how they drive boats in Cozumel. Haha
See the guy with the red bandana? That was our Jack Sparrow look-a-like/on board photographer. Looked just like him!
Once back in town, I had to try on a sombrero!
OLE!
Having been born and raised in Southern California, it might be hard to believe that this was my first time ever being somewhere in Mexico! Cozumel did not disappoint!
We headed back to our ship, and I was excited to watch us leave the dock! It’s so amazing how they maneuver those huge ships.
Goodbye Cozumel – I hope to return again someday!
The next morning we woke up in Belize. Now we weren’t too excited about this stop. I’m not really sure why, maybe because we think of drugs and tourists being kidnapped and all that fun stuff. We didn’t plan anything for this day and were just gonna wing it again. It didn’t help our moods to wake up and find that we were anchored about 5 miles off shore! It was a 20 minute boat ride from our ship to the shore!
Here we are heading over to Belize. Can you barely see the land way in front of us?
Almost there!
We got off the tender boat and walked around the pier area shops – took some pictures just to show we were there, bought our shot glass, and then got right back on the next tender boat and headed back to our ship.
Michael found a little friend in the drain of the street as we were walking. He’d had enough of Belize after that!
Heading back to our ship – see how far from shore it was!
We spent the rest of the day relaxing by the pool =)
The next morning we were pleasantly surprised to wake up to this beautiful view! Hello Mahogany Bay, Honduras!
It was so lush and green! And we were the only cruise ship there so we had the whole tiny island to ourselves!
It was so nice to be able to get off our ship and walk right into the little town with all the touristy shops.
I thought it was neat to see our huge ship towering over everything while we were checking out the shops,
Then we headed over to the magical flying beach chair! It was basically a chair lift(with a spectacular view) that took you to the Mahogany Beach.
There was a pathway that you could walk to the beach and avoid paying the round trip fee for the “magical” chair ride, but I think the views were worth it!
Once back on the ground and before we hit the beach/water, I finally got the picture I’d been wanting the entire trip! Us in front of our ship =)
Here’s our little cabana-ish area that we didn’t sit in after taking this picture.
Me in front of the beach area!
We hung out in the water for a while until we started getting hungry. We headed back to the ship to have lunch, intending to go back to the beach again since it wasn't that far. After eating we didn’t have as much time as we thought so we just stayed on board the ship until it sailed.
Having some fun on the way back to the boat!
Goodbye Mahogany Bay! Our beautiful home for the day. And our last stop on our fabulous trip =(
I just love all the colors of blue in the water from what the engines churn up!
Coming back into the Port of Tampa. Goodbye pretty blue water and warm sunny weather! Hello yucky water and chilly temps =(
I figured since it was the last day, I should really try on my life jacket – you know just in case there was an emergency. Lol
Port #2 – home sweet home, well minus the 5 hour drive for us.
And then it was back to reality and our marvelous vacation came to an unwanted end. We were back on solid ground after 7 days on a boat. I must say that I still felt like I was on a boat for 2-3 days after being home!
For anyone who has not been on a cruise, I definitely recommend you go! We are already thinking about what we want to do for our next one! I am definitely a cruiser for life now! You get to travel to many different places and you only have to pack/unpack once! And most of the travelling is done while you’re asleep! I could go on and on and on……..
But I hope you’ve enjoyed reliving what a wonderful experience we had! I love looking through the pictures and imagining I’m there again =)
Bon Voyage


No comments:
Post a Comment