Well it’s tax time again – and you can really tell around here where we live. The lines are super long and the shopping carts are really full everywhere you go. Michael’s store broke 2 sales goals in the month of Feb. alone, that’s $100,000 above their average months! People are spending that tax money left and right. Every year we make a plan for what we need/want to do with our tax return, trying to make it benefit us in the long run. And every year it doesn’t feel like we used it to it’s full potential.
This year I feel like we accomplished our goal!
On the way home from our Disney weekend recently, I found out from Michael that our beloved fridge/freezer we kept in the garage gave out. The compressor broke or something. That was the first appliance we bought together for our very first apartment. Needless to say we were pleased it lasted as long as it did – especially for as many times as it was moved!
We used this for excess milk #1 – I would buy 4 gallons at a time and that takes a lot of space! {Yes we drink a lot of milk} So we’d keep 3 in the garage and the just the one we were drinking in the main fridge to save space. Luckily when the fridge died there was no milk in it! We also kept a lot of stuff in the freezer – Dad’s spaghetti sauce that they individually air seal and freeze for us, and of course Uncle Tim’s famous BBQ they keep us supplied with!
So after thinking about and pricing different options, we decided to replace the fridge with a free standing freezer.
The cost was much lower{to purchase and to run} and we used the garage freezer more than the fridge before anyways.
We are very happy with our decision! We have plenty of room now for ice cream I mean chicken =)
Next up was a little more curb appeal.
Michael went out and bought all the chemicals and fertilizer and ant killer that he is going to need for the coming months. He works very hard to make sure we always have the best looking grass. And I’m sure Lowe’s appreciates it! Look how green(and yes somewhat patchy) that grass is!
He added a second layer of brick around all of the planters and went back around to make sure they are all level now. He thought it would look nicer. At the time I didn’t really care, but now I’d have to agree.
He wants to add some pretty flowers around the tree soon too. For a pop of color – as he says…. Lol.
Next moving inside – I’d been wanting a new faucet for the kitchen sink. The one we had came with the house and it felt like it was going to break anytime you swiveled it from one side to the other. Cheap.
I didn’t want anything super fancy, just nice and sturdy and pretty.
The installation process…
And the new pretty faucet!
We now have a soap dispenser where the sprayer used to be, and the spray nozzle pulls out of the main faucet. I’m super happy with it!!
That’s all for the updating. I did some major grocery shopping/stocking up, we put some towards bills and the rest in savings. We really feel like we were productive with our return this year! And it feels really good =)


1 comment:
is it weird that I want a soap dispenser now?! lol!
Post a Comment