Well I am officially half way through this pregnancy! Maybe more if this little one decides to arrive early – as opposed to their big brother who was 5 days late! I’d appreciate early =)
I’ve been feeling good for the most part. The toughest time for me right now is the weekends. Waking up at 4am fri sat and sun to work 6-8 hours, then come home and do things around the house and play with Kaydin etc. If I can get a nap in it definitely helps! But that isn’t always the case. The lack of sleep those 3 days is killing me – by Sunday I am completely exhausted. And I am not someone that normally requires a full night of sleep. I see a schedule change in my near future!
Last week we went in for our monthly dr. visit and the ultrasound to find out what we are having. Very exciting! I had several ultrasounds done when I was pregnant with Kaydin, and already 3 total with #2. The lady that did the ultrasound last week was amazing! We must have been in there for at least 30 minutes. We could tell she knew what she was doing! She explained everything she was looking at, that all the organs looked normal, all the measurements she took were normal, counted the fingers and toes, and said that nothing was sending up any red flags. Phew! What a relief! She told us that based on all the measurements she took, the computer was giving her a due date of July 29th but since it is still close to our original date of Aug. 3rd they won’t change it.
Now onto the good stuff – We told her that we wanted to know the gender if possible. She found a good view of “the goods” and pointed them out, then asked us what we thought it was. From what I saw, I immediately thought boy. But was shocked when she said IT’S A GIRL! I really was shocked! I think it is still sinking in even now.
Here are some pictures of our little lady…..
Her cute little profile – reminds me of Kaydin’s =) She had her legs crossed like she was sitting indian style.
Cute little toes!
The “goods”
So immediately when I find this out, my head starts spinning with all the “to do’s” this creates. Of course the first and most important thing now is picking the name! I will tell you that as of today we have narrowed it down to 2 first names –but that’s all you are going to get out of me!
Next is tackling the mountain of stuff we saved from Kaydin. Anything that wasn’t broken or horribly stained we kept. Pretty much everything! I have boy clothes from newborn up to 3T. Tons it seems! I have a friend who is having a boy in July, so I’m sending her a lot of the baby baby clothes. Yesterday Michael got all the boxes and bins down from the attic for me and I sat outside going through everything. There were boxes everywhere! I had a box to send to my friend, a box for shoes, a box for socks and bibs, a box of things that we can re-use for our baby girl, and then a container of keepsakes from Kaydin: the outfit we brought him home from the hospital in, his first pair of shoes etc. Eventually I will divide everything into boxes by size and have a mega yardsale – or online sale, I haven’t decided yet.
After leaving the doctor’s office, I immediately wanted to go look at clothes =) I quickly realized that finding out we are having a girl opened up a whole new world that I was NOT familiar with!
The cute section I had always hoped I’d get to shop in one day!
The land of pinks and purples!
Seriously the girl section in most stores is at least twice as big as the boy section. And they put monkeys on girl clothes too? That’s one thing I don’t care for when it comes to kids clothing, monkeys creep me out! Call me crazy I know. Luckily there’s a lot of butterfly’s and bees and flowers and all kinds of bright springy colors out right now. So pretty!
And I almost forgot to include that I have begun to feel little bumps here and there! Not too much activity just yet, I’m just hoping this little one takes it easy on her momma =)


2 comments:
What an exciting new world!!!! One that sadly I will never know ;( Have fun!!!
very exciting! looking at the pix, i would've guessed boy too. congratulations, again!
Post a Comment