Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

Here is the story of our Easter celebration!

Saturday before Easter, Kaydin and I headed out to run some errands. I decided to swing by the mall and see if there was an Easter bunny to possibly get his picture taken with. There was, but Kaydin was not interested. We haven’t had bunny pictures taken in the past years so I didn’t push him. He did so good with Santa this past year, why traumatize him with a bunny now?

That night after dinner it was time to color Easter eggs! I don’t think Kaydin remembered doing this last year. Whenever I’d mention coloring eggs, he would either get his paint/paint brush or his crayons =) 

Here I am trying to explain and show mr. impatient what to do….

DSC_0055

Carefully…..

DSC_0058

put it in the color……

DSC_0063

Then wait - the hardest part for Mr. Impatient. He would have put the egg in the color and taken it right back out if I didn’t make him wait. They would have had hardly any color at all!

DSC_0069

DSC_0068

Cheeeeeeeeese! This goofy smile cracks me up

DSC_0064

It takes a lot of concentration…..

DSC_0074DSC_0075

DSC_0078

All finished!

DSC_0081

I asked him to show me his favorite egg. This one was blue and speckled purple!

DSC_0082

~ oh and that is strawberries on his white shirt. I didn’t think we needed to add egg dye to it so he wore the bib.

The next morning we got up early to go to the 9am church service. Michael was worried our usual 10:30am service would be packed because of Easter. Kaydin woke up to find some goodies from the Easter bunny!

DSC_0087

DSC_0084

DSC_0085

DSC_0089

After church we headed to home to relax for a bit before going over to a friends house for a BBQ and Easter egg hunt!

Here are the kids peeking outside at all the eggs.

DSC_0092

There were so many eggs!

DSC_0093

My little Easter egg hunter all ready to go!

DSC_0095

DSC_0096

This basketball egg was his favorite of all the eggs he found =)

DSC_0099

DSC_0101

A BIG egg!

DSC_0102

He ended up with 2 buckets of eggs!

DSC_0100

Time to open them all up! See which one he went for first?

DSC_0107

DSC_0109

All my treats!

DSC_0111

My 2 boys

DSC_0112

The kids ran around and played for a while – then we headed home and it was nap time for everyone. Later I realized that we didn’t  take any family pictures all day! So we all got prettied up again and headed to the front yard for a quick photo shoot.

DSC_0130

DSC_0150

As someone already mentioned, next Easter there will be 4 in these pictures!

DSC_0151

DSC_0161

DSC_0173

His reward/bribe for being good and taking some pictures with us. Playing basketball in the back of daddy’s truck =)

DSC_0180

That was our Easter day in a ~long picture filled~ nutshell. We had a wonderful day with friends and spending some quality time with each other. 

Hope everyone else had a happy Easter!!!

No comments: