Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Sacayan family is proud to present…..

Kamryn Denise Sacayan

Born: Monday July 23rd @ 23:23 (11:23p) ~ 11 days early

Weighing 8lbs 6.6oz / and 20 1/2 inches long

DSC_0992

Monday morning I went in for my weekly checkup and the doctor said I was 4-5cm! He kept saying how lucky I was because I wasn’t feeling any contractions or anything. I guess it’s not a good idea to walk around dialated that much, because he told us to go home and get our stuff and check in to the hospital.

About 2pm: They hooked me up to the monitors and IV, and just like with Kaydin – I was having regular contractions and didn’t even know it! It was a VERY busy baby day at the hospital, so I opted to get my epidural before I REALLY needed it. I didn’t want to risk waiting until the end like with Kaydin.

About 8pm: I stalled at around 6cm for a while so they gave me some pitocin to speed things up.

About 11pm: I started having a lot of pain – they said it was the pressure from the baby moving down. It hurt sooooo bad, and that was with the epidural still! Looking back now we know why it hurt me so much, because she was stuck! At 11:23p she came into the world.

DSC_1021

We were not expecting such a big baby! Don’t think my doctor was either. Kamryn was much bigger than her brother(7lbs2oz and 5 days late). Labor was ok – it is labor ya know – until the end when she got a little stuck. Only took 8 or 9 pushes to get her head out, but her shoulder was stuck on my pelvis or something. They tried rotating her every which way and finally out she came! She suffered a fractured left collar bone from her dramatic arrival, but it doesn’t seem to bother her. They said it will heal on it’s own in 2 or 3 weeks. She moves her arm around, we are just careful when picking her up or getting her dressed.

DSC_1145

Other than her little injury, Kamryn is a typical newborn. Eat, sleep, poop/pee…..repeat. We are trying to get into a routine, the first couple nights were rough. She was wide awake wanting to eat for most of the night. Either because she was born late at night, or because her and daddy spend most of the day like this:

DSC_1231

Kaydin does very well with her! It’s a little surprising because he’s never been around a little baby before. He is very gentle and likes to ‘pet’ her and give her little kisses. 

DSC_1182

We are enjoying every moment with our precious little girl! Many more pictures to come  =)

DSC_1237

No comments: