Friday, January 17, 2014

Xmas preparations

Once Kaydin’s birthday passed, we were in full Christmas mode!

I came home from work one Sunday to find that Daddy had been busy!

DSC_2919

I must note that he had to go buy the nail polish to paint her toes like this! He did that all on his own   =)

Next up was the annual Santa visit! I was pretty anxious to see how it was going to go this year. I knew Kaydin would be ok – Kamryn I thought for sure would freak out!

DSC_2923

Our pic came out surprisingly well! Kamryn only started freaking out when we wouldn’t get her off of Santa’s lap(they were still taking the pic)

DSC_2927

What a change in 1 year!

DSC_2925

Trying to get some pics in front of the tree

DSC_3027DSC_3031

Some of our lovely indoor decorations

DSC_3043DSC_3045

The glow of the lights and the smell of the tree, one of my favorite things about Christmas time.

DSC_3047

We went with a skinnier tree this year so it would not block our walkway like last year  =)

The first couple of years after Kaydin was born, in trying to keep his bday and xmas separate -  we waited until after his bday to get our xmas tree. We found that to be quite difficult because:

1.  Growing up, we always went out the weekend after Thanksgiving and got our xmas tree. It’s hard to wait 2 whole weeks!

2. Lack of selection. Waiting until after Dec. 12th = very limited tree options.

3. General feeling of being “rushed” and having to do things at the last minute.

So we’ve scrapped that idea. We like having our giant tree for as long as possible!

No comments: