2013 was the bi-annual meeting of the Sremaniak side of our family. Disney World was the chosen meet up destination, so all the family from all parts of the country travelled to the happiest place on earth!
A little warning, unlike Christmas….I was on top of the picture taking during this trip. Therefore this post will be quite long!(Hence why it took so long to finish!!) I could break it up and do an entire post on miniature golfing, and another on our day at the Magic Kingdom, but that isn't as much fun as one gigantic loooonngg post about the entire trip! So sit back relax and enjoy the reminiscing.
Loading up!!
Gotta love road trips – everyone looks so happy =)
Once we arrived and checked into our hotel, we all piled into our car and headed over to Downtown Disney to meet the Hansen family for dinner at T-Rex.
Sure…..the one time I make a silly face everyone else smiles.
Kaydin on some of the fossils at the restaurant
Kaydin and Grandma with their dino hats on
The T-Rex restaurant was neat! Similar to Rainforest CafĂ© only with dinosaurs – Kaydin has requested to go there again next time =)
The next day while waiting for the rest of the crew to arrive, some of us went miniature golfing.
Our headquarters for this trip!
Ian and his mini-me Kaydin
I had never been mini golfing at Disney before(I really only went to watch and take pics) but let me tell you that Disney has the coolest most elaborate mini golf courses I’ve ever seen! It started sprinkling on us but that made it more fun.
Here is team 1 of our group: Kaydin, Ian, Michael S.
And team 2: Kyle, Kathryn, Michael H.
‘'Yule do well if Yule do this, aim your ball for Santa’s board don’t miss!”
“Don’t wake Santa from his nap, ease your ball across his lap”
Our crazy golfing crew
After golfing, we went over to Downtown Disney to grab a snack and play at the Lego store.
Getting a lift from Daddy
Lego mother-load!
After returning from our golf outing, we hung out in the Hansen’s room for a bit before walking over to the restaurant to meet the whole gang for dinner!
Aunt Karen, Mom, Darcy
Darcy, Kathryn, Michael, Kamryn, Aunt Kerry, Kyle, Kelsey, Dad
If you’re noticing/wondering why people in the pictures are not really looking at the camera and smiling, it’s because I really love candid shots. Most of the time I don’t even look through the view finder I just hold up the camera and click!
If you try to get everyone to look and smile, there’s always that one person with their eyes closed or someone looking the wrong way. Especially with this many people!
Kate, Darcy and Kathryn
Let me explain what happens to the poor restaurant staff when our party of 20+ comes in for a meal.
~ ~ ~ First…..we try to request to be seated as far away from other diners as possible. Mostly as a courtesy to anyone that might be around us(the little ones get very antsy, and the elders are quite boisterous)This night we were out on the patio.
~ ~ ~ Next…..we have a little rule about where everyone sits. Since a lot of us don’t see each other very often, every time we all get together for a meal we are supposed to sit next to someone different. That way you can catch up and visit with someone new each time.
This is a great idea - except when it comes to ordering and getting 5 separate checks for each family and knowing who goes on which check!
~ ~ ~ Then while ordering, the head chef will come out(only because it’s Disney I believe) because we have one with a nut allergy, and a couple needing gluten free. They are very thorough!
“Kid’s corner” Big and little =)
Grandma’s drink may or may not have been alcoholic….
The next day, the Sacayan’s along with Kyle and Kathryn headed to the Magic Kingdom. The rest of our group went to other parks, and Grandma and Grandpa watched Kamryn since she would be a mess with lines and rides. We chose the Kingdom because it has the most classic rides (it’s the most similar to Disneyland)
It was so pretty all decorated for Christmas still!
Castle pic!
Fun fact….the last time the 3 of us took a pic in front of this castle we had just found out and announced that we were pregnant with Kamryn! Dec 2011
We let Kaydin choose the rides
Here is the back of our family shirts for this gathering. We received many compliments on them! Way to go Aunt Karen!
Autopia! He can finally see over the wheel Lol
Teacups!
Uncle Kyle was spinning us soooo fast!!
His #1 favorite was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
I think we rode it 3 times that day
Some of us big kids hopped on Splash Mtn. and got a wee bit wet!
Rocket time!
Kudos to Michael for getting this pic of Kaydin and I from the rocket in front of us while the ride was going!
After our great day at the Magic Kingdom, we headed to meet everyone for dinner.
The boys up to no good
Jordon and his new friend(she has her hand up to her mouth in every pic!)
Trying to take our group pic – unfortunately missing a few due to illness and late arrivals
Boys missing Michael H. and Jack
Kids missing Madeline
Ladies
Our immediate family
My kids found someone to keep them occupied
Good ole Mickey Mouse
We were only at Disney World for a few days. One day we spent at the Magic Kingdom, the rest of our time was spent in the following ways……
We had a wonderful time with all of our crazy Sremaniak family. I love that we have kept up our bi-annual gatherings. The next one will be April 2015 in Texas for Jack and Kim’s wedding??? I’m assuming so…..ROAD TRIP!! InNOut!
~ ~ ~ On to the next post….I finally finished this one, I’m on a roll =)


No comments:
Post a Comment