Yesterday we took the dogs to a dog park. The closest one is in Macon, about 20 minutes up the freeway. Now it seems far to us because we never have to get on the freeway! All the stores and restaurants we need are right here. We've been wanting to find someplace to take the dogs so they could run free and get some of their pent up energy out. There was a really nice park up in McDonough, unfortunately this park in Macon is all we have now. The park was really nice, the neighborhood was not. The park had a big stream running through it that the dogs could play in and large open areas to run. They had a blast! There were a couple dogs there so they sniffed eachother out as dogs do, and played together a little. Snickers, who loves the water, went into the stream almost immediately.

It wasn't very deep(in most parts) so he walked up and down checking things out. Then he found a stick! Daddy played fetch with him for a good 20 minutes throwing it in the water, and Snickers would go in and bring it back out.


He was so tired afterwards! Surprisingly even Bruiser went into the stream! I think it was doggy peer pressure, all the other dogs were in the water and he wanted to play.

He mostly loved running full speed because he really never gets the chance. He also liked running around with this little white dog that showed up. He could barely keep up!! Finally a dog faster than Bruiser! Wow.

Here's mama sitting in the shade. I'm in full prego attire, looking and feeling more and more pregnant! And yes I hurt my arm somehow but it's getting better. Nothing serious.


Needless to say the pups were pooped!! Unfortunately we didn't plan for the water situation, so we had to take wet doggies home in the car. It's ok, the trip was well worth it!! They had fun, and slept the rest of the day and night :) We'll definitely make a trip up there every couple weeks.
2 comments:
Hey Girl! It's soooo cool that you found us all out here in blog world. I've been missing you so much. Manny and I talk about you all the time and wondered what you were up too! Congrats on the growing little bundle in your belly!
Totally still making them...send me your address and I'll mail you one! heidi_and_manny@yahoo.com I'm so glad to hear from you. Maybe next time we WILL have to evacuate to GA. :)
Post a Comment