So lets start with my trip to Cali, I flew out wednesday and was suprised by my Aunt Karen(who lives in Florida) in the ATL airport just before I boarded the plane. Turned out she was flying to cali on the same plane as I was! She was coming out for the baby shower, I was so suprised! The flight was good, plane seats are not comfortable - especially when you are 7 months pregnant!! It was a lllooooonnnnnggggg 4 1/2 hours. Thursday and Friday we were getting ready for the baby shower(which was saturday) cleaning the house and grocery shopping for what we needed. Also on Thursday I got my hair cut - which it needed badly!! It's pretty short now, but I love it. The shower was great - a lot of people came and it was great to see everyone. We received lots of gifts, thank goodness I brought extra suitcases! Sunday was pretty uneventful, and then I flew home Monday. Overall it was a great trip - I got to eat some of my old favorites like InNOut Burger, The Hat, Chipotle, El Pollo Loco, Don Jose, AND I learned how to make my dad's famous spaghetti sauce. Oh and I went to the beach with my bro - I was a busy girl!! Here are some pics from my trip:
Rachel being silly
So everyone was wondering what Michael was up to while I was gone. Usually when he gets bored, if I'm home or not, he will rearrange the furniture or something strange like that. He kind of did this while I was gone, but he did something that would benefit all of us as a family.
He rearranged the closet so we have more space!! Take a look -
His biggest suprise for me, and his best work yet was something I would never think he would do. He got crafty and decorated!! And it looks really good!!
He bought all the wooden letters, painted them himself(including the football and horseshoes) and hung them on the wall. Isn't that just so adorable?! I absolutely love it - I wanted to do something like this but I don't think I ever told him about it. So he really thought of it and did it on his own. What a good daddy :) Here is another view of it.
On to what everyone is anticipating, the doctor's appointment today. It was a pretty quick visit, gave my urine sample like always, they took my blood pressure and weight(i'll get back to that). When the doctor came in she measured my belly and then we listened to the heartbeat. Everything looked and sounded good! After we got out of the doctor's, we went over to the hospital I will be delivering at. We got to see a room similar to what I will be in for delivery and ask some questions we had about the whole hospital stay. We then went down and pre-registered so we are all set whenever little Kaydin is ready to join us!(hopefully not for a few more weeks). So here is the answer to the question I know some of you are waiting for - since my last dr. visit, I gained 6 pounds!! Michael guessed it right on - anyone else guess right?? So that's a total of 15lbs so far - and my swollen ankles went away went I got back from Cali. I think the flying and little walking might have caused them.
So everything is good here in Georgia. We are now getting back into our normal routine and life here in Warner Robins. No more excitement for us till the baby comes!!!


1 comment:
i love the name kaydin! super cute! and the nursery is adorable!
Post a Comment