Thursday, June 25, 2009

Almost forgot!!


In all the craziness and fun we've had in the past couple of weeks, our "little" Kaydin turned 6 months old! The day Grandma and Grandpa arrived was the same day we had our 6 month checkup. So I am finally getting around to posting the 6 month stats:

weight: 22 lbs {gained a little over 3 lbs in 2 months}
length: 29 1/2 inches {grew 2 inches}

He's in the 95th percentile for both - once again he is heavy and tall for his age, but she said he is proportionate so he's ok.

This was also the first doctor visit that I had to take him all by myself! (Darcy you told me to be prepared!!) Michael was unable to have the day off due to meetings and many other things going on at work that week. The only thing that worried me was his last series of shots. I didn't cry(woohoo) while he screamed bloody murder, and I think it was a good mother son bonding experience. We both made it out alive - and his next visit for 9 months = no shots!! Yay!

Kaydin's had a lot going on in the last month or so. He's become very good at sitting on his own. Although he still topples over every now and then, he sits up straighter and can play with toys while sitting - he doesn't have to use his arms to prop himself up.

He's a maniac jumping maching in his excersaucer(we call it the "jumper") He loves this thing - therefore we love it too!! He holds his little arms up, sucks his lower lip in, and just goes to town - it's the cutest and funniest thing to watch :)

He has also gotten the hang of rolling here there and everywhere! We definitely have to be careful where we put him down - as they say "be careful what you wish for!"
This is his new trick - the half roll

And finally . . . .
He's got 2 teeth coming in!!
At his checkup the doctor said "I think he's got a tooth coming in!" I was like what???? I was shocked - partly because she said that just by looking at him, and we had been feeling his gums to see if we could feel anything and we never felt anything. But it's official now because you can see them! One is a little more visible, but those two little bottom teeth are coming! I will try to get better pictures in a few days.


See ya'll soon!!!

No comments: