Sunday, November 15, 2009

11 months- a party - and a first boo boo

Here is my 11 month old baby. He looks so grown up in these pictures!


We weren't too happy with our picture session this time. The photographer we had was a "newbie" therefore there were not very many good pictures to choose from. I'm very excited for his one year pictures next month. Our friend Amanda is going to do them - she did our maternity pictures last year which I loved! I can't wait to see how Kaydin's come out in a few weeks.

We took these at the picture studio - they are better than the pics the "pros" took. Seriously.
Hi mister bear let me play you a song :)


It's a good thing we got his pictures taken when we did. Our little guy - who is still figuring out the whole walking thing - got his first big owie. And it happened on our 2 babysitters watch! Michael and I had just left for Atlanta to attend his annual company party when I realized that I forgot the camera. We were just down the road so we turned around, and he ran up to get the camera. While I sat in the car waiting, my phone rings and Michael tells me to come up because Kaydin fell and cut is head open. I'm like WHAT???? So I literally flew up the stairs to find Kaydin in daddy's lap with his paci(he never has the paci unless he's in bed), some make-shift bandages over his right eye, and blood stains on his shirt. Kathryn and Aunt Karen tell us what happened(and it had just happened minutes before). Nobody actually saw him fall, but we think he fell and hit his head on the door that goes out to the patio. It split his eyebrow in a perfect straight line. Just like a boxer. This picture looks bad but this is before we cleaned it up good.
Then we start trying to decide whether or not he needed stitches. We made some calls to Urgent Care and our doctor. Ultimately we (collectively) decided that it wasn't going to need stitches. I was sooooo thankful! Michael made a trip to the drug store and got some good band aids and butterflys and they have been working nicely so far. We held down our crying and squirming baby, got the bandages on and he's been fine ever since! Like it never happened. Pheewww

Michael and I left again and made it to the party and had a wonderful time.
All the guys Michael works with. The Warner Robins Crew

When we came home today he was the same smiley happy Kaydin we know and love. He's doing great as far as leaving the bandages on thank goodness. The only time they bother him and he gets upset(really upset) is when we change the bandages. And it looks like it's healing already which is good.

Outside by the lake feeding the ducks

My silly boys


This is just the first of many scrapes and scars and bruises and who knows what else my beautiful baby will get throughout his lifetime. I know that. It's just hard to see him bleeding and in pain like that. He didn't even make it a full year!! Bubble wrapping the house inside and out doesn't seem like that bad of an idea at the moment . . . . =)

No comments: