Thursday, March 11, 2010

Meet the Fast Past Fairies!

This past weekend was girls weekend! 9 of us ladies from all over (Cali,GA,Kentucky,TX,Illinois, and FL) gathered at Disney World to participate in the Disney Family 5K race.

DSC05931

The whirlwind trip was filled with lots of fun, food, laughter, craziness, adventure, wine, silliness, and accomplishment!!

Here we are getting scarf lessons from Aunt Kerry  and everyone got a new scarf!

DSC05938 DSC05939

Mom and I decided to wear them our own way

DSC05942

No we hadn’t had any wine either :)

This is our “team” shirt that Aunt Karen put together for all of us.

DSC05954

The day of the race, everyone was up bright and early.

Here are some of the athletes stretching and getting ready to go!

DSC05957 

(Connie,Karen,Vicky,Darcy)

The race took place at Epcot, and when we first arrived it was still dark outside and it was also REALLY cold!!

DSC05958 

(Connie,Kathryn,Kris)

DSC05959

I thought this was cool – a bazillion port-o-potties all in a row!!

Here we are, all 3500 of us lined up at the start line!

DSC05961

We started in the parking lot and looped around and entered the side of the park and finished back in the parking lot. Believe it or not I actually got a couple decent shots while running! Come along!

DSC05962

Here we go!

DSC05963

Just entering into Epcot. So pretty!

DSC05967

There were Disney characters throughout the course and runners were actually stopping to take pictures with them!

DSC05968

Just keep going, just keep going

DSC05969

See all the people behind me? Waayyy back there?

DSC05970

Going under the big ball!

DSC05980

(Kris,Darcy,ME,Karen,Kerry)

And we’re finished!!

DSC05972 DSC05974

Waiting for the last couple finishers

*celebrity sighting* Look who else did the 5K with us…..

DSC05971

Joey Fatone – from NSYNC + Dancing With The Stars    Mom and Kath even gave him high 5‘s!

 

16881744926_ORIG

All the Fast Pass Fairy Princesses!!

I had a great time and I’m so proud of every one of us ladies. We definitely need to make this an annual affair!!! Till next year. . . . .

1 comment:

Darcy Hansen said...

I love the play by play! You are voted the official family historian! :)