Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fair time!!

It’s that time of year again…….Fair time! The Georgia National Fair was just down the road in Perry again so we had to go check it out. It’s only the biggest thing to happen it our area all year! And everyone goes to the fair ‘round here.

DSC_2061

Let me just say that I am not a fair person……..I DO NOT trust/like/have any desire to go on the rides. I know, I know they are supposed to be safer than most amusement park rides……but they creep me out! Michael would go on them if I did – and if Kaydin wanted to ride the kiddie rides I would let him. They are pretty tame and low to the ground. This year he didn’t, but I’m sure next year he’ll be all about the rides!

AND I don’t like fair food – GASP! Yes it’s true. All that everything under the sun deep fried just doesn’t appeal to me. Everything is over priced and tastes horrible! The only thing I’ll buy at the fair is funnel cake and icee’s. Last year we got a corn dog at the fair and it was awful! I couldn’t even eat it. So now we get something to eat BEFORE we go to the fair.

It turned out to be a beautiful day for the fair! We had had a few days of ugly drizzly yuck, but this day cleared up nicely! The sun was out and there was a cool breeze to keep it just cool enough.

The first place we headed was to the animals! They were all the way on the other side of where we entered the fair(of course) so we rode the chair lift.

* I must add that this was the first outing that we did not bring a stroller along with us! I thought about it….but figured between daddy’s shoulders and mommy’s arms…..if Kaydin’s little legs got tired we’d be ok. He was dragging by the end, but he did great!

DSC_2006

DSC_2000

Kaydin not to sure about being up in this chair

DSC_2003

They some REALLY big horses!

DSC_2016

Baby giraffe

DSC_2038

DSC_2034

DSC_2042

Look how tall that horse is! Like 10ft!

DSC_2022

DSC_2020

Baby zebra

DSC_2044

Miniature horse

DSC_2046

This picture makes me laugh =)

DSC_2009

DSC_2013DSC_2014

We bumped into our neighbors! Here’s Kaydin and Brailey playing on the bleachers.

DSC_2030

It started getting a little warmer out so we needed something to cool us down. Of course we found Icee’s!

DSC_2055

Getting a lift from daddy.

DSC_2048

One of our last stops was a decal exhibit. Michael has been wanting to get a Discount Tire logo sticker made for his truck. This guy did an amazing job! He manipulated each letter by hand and replicated it just by looking at a picture!

DSC_2052

We’re advertising now!

DSC_2096DSC_2098

Wow my car needs a wash!

All in all we had a fun time at the fair. And this little guy was tuckered out!

DSC_2064

No comments: