Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We had a very exciting Halloween this year! It seemed to take forever to get here, but when it finally did it did not disappoint!

Let me start by explaining our costume situation…..

The first costume I got for Kaydin was Mickey Mouse. It was very snug, and the ears that came with it didn’t fit his head at all.

DSC_2140

So I thought it fit good enough for him to wear just for this year, and I could find some different ears. Well that was easier said than done! So I ended up exchanging Mickey for the Skeleton. After some minor adjustments(face painted instead of mask, and no gloves) it worked out great!

DSC_2177

 

It can’t be Halloween without pumkins! So off we went in search for the perfect pumpkin<s>.

How ‘bout this one? 

DSC_2089

If you can’t tell from this picture, we didn’t find our  pumpkins here. Sad crop  =(

DSC_2087

But Kaydin had fun running around the kids hay maze.

DSC_2091

 

The weekend before Halloween, our neighbors invited us to a fall festival at their church. We had never been to one so Kaydin and I joined them. This was when we were in between costumes so I just put Kaydin in a Halloween t-shirt.

He had a blast! Especially on the slide!

014

They set up different games for the kids to play and afterwards they got candy. It was very cute!

Bean bag toss

020

Throw the ball and knock down the cans

021

Ring around the pumpkin

024

Sneaking a sucker  =)

027

 

Then the Saturday before Halloween we went to another Fall Festival with our friends Lisa and Kaiya! This one was a bit more crowded, but we got to experience “trunk or treating”. Everyone who wanted to participate lined up their cars, and they passed out candy from their “trunk”. It was a fun new experience!

001

Still working on the “trick or treat” part

002 (2)003 (2)

Then we attended a Halloween party at some friends’ house so we all got dressed up!

Since Kaydin would be running around playing with the kids, I put him in something a little more comfortable than the skeleton. My little football player!

007

And Michael was his pirate from last year

008

Now we’re finally at Halloween night!

All ready to go – he wouldn’t leave his hood on for anything! I barely got one decent picture with it on! Oh well.

DSC_2195DSC_2196

With his fellow skeleton friend

DSC_2206

Kathryn held down the fort and handed out candy while we went trick or treating. ~don’t really know what she was supposed to be.

DSC_2210

Kaiya and Kaydin trick or treating together. They were so funny – but I’m sure people found them annoying. They would knock over and over, and they were little peeping toms if there were windows. And I’m almost positive Kaydin grabbed the doorknob and opened someone’s front door at least once! Sorry neighbors!!

DSC_2207DSC_2213DSC_2214DSC_2218

All done! Here’s the loot!

DSC_2233

I think they had a good time! Until next year…..

DSC_2234

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

No comments: