Friday, June 1, 2012

28 weeks ~ 7 months

I know this is a couple weeks late, seeing as how I’m almost 31 weeks now, but better late than never right?

DSC_0214

I’m feeling good so far. I’ve noticed my ankle’s have been swelling, which is strange for me because with Kaydin I can only remember having swollen ankle’s once - after I flew to California. They aren’t super swollen, I’m probably the only one that can even tell they are most of the time.

My belly is definitely getting in the way now! I’m really glad it’s warm weather season because putting on and tying shoes is almost impossible these days! Same goes for picking something up off the floor. Not fun. My wonderful boys took me to get a pedicure on mother’s day – which was much needed because I can’t paint my own toes!

We had our monthly checkup this week which also included the oh so fun glucose test! This was also the first appointment that Kaydin came along with us – this meant I couldn’t make my squinchy owie face when they took my blood.  But I passed the test and baby checked out A-ok.

In other news – mid May my sister moved out of our house and into her own apartment. So we got right to work on baby Kamryn’s room. Michael rented a heavy duty carpet cleaner and cleaned all the carpets in the house (they looked so much better!)

DSC_0202

Then he started prepping the walls for paint – filling holes, taping edges, and measuring for the chair rail.

DSC_0215

I must add that we’ve never attempted anything cool like adding a chair rail to a bedroom. We just straight painted every room one color and let it be. But I didn’t want a pink room, and he didn’t want a purple room, and neither of us wanted a neutral yellow or green. So this was a perfect compromise - I think it’s turned out really cute!

DSC_0231

{I wasn’t sure about the purple after seeing it on the wall at first…..but once the pink went up it looked a lot better}

DSC_0242

Kaydin kept talking about painting the room and wanting to help, so we let him have a little corner(with a LOT of supervision)

DSC_0247

DSC_0249DSC_0260

Mostly he looked like this because he wanted to play in the paint. I didn’t want pink carpet.

DSC_0253

Looking good!

DSC_0264

DSC_0265

Now time for the chair rail -

DSC_0293

And the finished room!

DSC_0377

DSC_0379

DSC_0380 (2)

Next we will get furniture in and then decorate/accessorize! These are on our June to-do-list in between all of our other scheduled events. A little at a time seems to be working well which is good because we will be so busy with other things!

No comments: