2 days after Kamryn’s 1st 1st bday party, we were on a plane headed back to Cali! We had to get up dark and early(hahaha…. no but really) to get up to the airport for our 8am flight. We changed planes in Salt Lake City, so I was as prepared as I could be for a looooong day!
One of the few times in my whole life that I’ve slept on an airplane. {shouldn’t have closed the night before!}I was so thankful Kamryn fell asleep - I needed a power nap!
Somehow this guy didn’t sleep! Too much excitement and game playing on the ipad!
After a nap, our little go go go girl was good to go – but she couldn’t go anywhere =) Overall I think Kamryn did really good for her first time flying. I was expecting the worst because she does not like to be still even for short periods of time, but she wasn’t that bad. I fed her snacks and let her climb around a little. Kept her happy enough!
Once we landed and gathered all of our bags, of course we HAD to stop at InNOut on the way to mom and dads. Thinking back now, that was the one and only time I ate INO while being in Cali. Shocking!
Most of our trip there consisted of us consuming food from any one of the many restaurants that we do not have here in Ga. If you have facebook then you probably saw all of the food pics Michael posted. That’s how we kept track of what day was what, by what we ate each day. Lol. His food picture diary. Sad but true.
The rest of our time was spent in/at/around my mom and dad’s pool! Kaydin had taken swim lessons the end of June but he hadn’t really gotten to practice since then. I intentionally “forgot” to pack his floaties(because I knew he didn’t need them) and he did awesome! He was a little scared and timid in the beginning, but by the end of the first day he was going down the slide and jumping off the “jumping board” all by himself.
He started by swimming in the little pool.
With a little coaxing from Uncle Kyle….Here he goes!!
Daddy and his girl
Kaydin tried to do everything the big boys did
My waterlogged fishy
Not sure she’s going to follow in her fishy brother’s footsteps. She sure does look cute though!!
Time for par-tay number 2!!
Oh and in the last post when I talked about getting crafty, I forgot that I made her t-shirt!
Little miss had an accident the night before the party – she tripped and bumped her upper lip on the bath tub and had a nice fat lip for the party. So pretty =)
The California party had part one on Saturday, and part 2 on Sunday. A few people couldn’t make it on Saturday and asked if they could come see us on Sunday. Hence part 2.
The yummiest strawberry filling cake ever!!!
Any of the decorations look familiar????
Michael’s sisters Rachel and Amanda, his mom Carol, and Michael
Our old neighbor and accordion teacher Pam, mom, and Sue
Kaydin and Auntie Rachel
Lets try this cupcake thing again!
I think she liked mine at home better =)
The hair again?!?! Really!?!!?
Time for presents!
She got a lot of cute dresses and outfits, and there was a lot of exchanging/returning afterwards. Yes our 1 year old needs 2-3T not 12-18mths like most people guessed. Always go BIG!!
Kamryn and I with Amanda
2 of my friends from highschool made it(One I haven’t seen in a very long time!)
Raelyn, Sarah, and I
Here’s our little mini me’s
Fiona, Emma, and Kamryn
Then we tried to get everyone together. Of course the boys were not cooperating! Ethan’s hiding and Kaydin’s pouting.
It was fun to see them and meet their little girls whom I’d seen so many pictures of!
Here’s the Sunday crowd:
Stephanie and her daughter Sophia, Grandma Carb, my cousin Scott and his wife Nellie and daughter Sofie(whom I have no pics of…..)
Sophia 8mths and Kamryn 1yr
Then on our last weekend before heading home, we were lucky enough to get a visit from Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Greg!
It was so good to get to see them!
Another visitor during our trip was my good friend Jen and her sweet boys. Jen and I worked together at In N Out and have kept in touch ever since. I can always count on her to find a way for us to get together every time I’m in Cali. She’s one of the few that do…..that’s why I love her!
Kaydin and Connor had a blast playing together! Her littlest guy Logan was just 4 weeks old!
Kaydin got to experience fishing for the first time! Grandpa took him up in the mountains to a fishery.
Todd and his son Justin(who is Kaydin’s age) also joined them.
Kaydin looks very excited doesn’t he???
Got some action!
His first catch!!
I love Kaydin’s face: Ummm grandpa it’s looking at me!
And then our time in Cali came to an end.
Grandma and her “queen”
that’s right folks she skipped “princess” and went right to “queen”
Her majesty was not as good a flyer on the way home. She hardly slept so I had my hands full trying to keep her occupied and quiet!
He acted like the seasoned professional that he is =)
Funny story….the same day we headed back to Ga, my dad was heading up to Alaska to go fishing. He planned it so that his flight left about the same time as ours so we all could go to the airport at the same time. As we sat on our plane we waved to Grandpa on the plane next to us!


No comments:
Post a Comment